Tuesday, October 12, 2010

the uniform

I do believe in my heart-of-hearts that this is the perfect outfit. Fashion meets function and has the most beautiful baby ever. Maybe I'm being a little too general, but I could wear this and versions of this most days of my life.

{oxford shirt -ralph lauren; linen shorts -banana republic; fishing belt -leatherman via Reddix; topsiders -Sperry; tan hat -www.imagemonster.com; watch -target; aviators -Ray Ban}Yesterday I took my bike up to campus to visit the Hubs and return/renew a few library books. As a wifey I have my very own UGA i.d. card which gives me access to the library, gym, and I imagine a few other perks -so far I've only explored the library.
Venturing to campus inspired me to pull together a functional look that was also undeniably "collage" -and no, I wasn't about to wear my p.j.'s, I never could understand folks doing that. I stuck to the basics. I was comfortable enough to ride my bike (five miles! uphill!) but still classy enough not to sport my sleepwear. All in all, I was pleased.
Oh, oh, oh. I almost forgot to tell you about that squirrel! See that guy? He just scampered right over while we were taking pictures and wouldn't leave!! The Hubs honestly thought he was the cutest thing alive, I was scared. I automatically assumed it was rabid -why else would he march right over? The whole thing must have been pretty funny to watch because I was admittedly freaking out and the Hubs just kept saying things along the line of, "aww, he's so small" "babe, he's cute." It's moments like that I swear I'm being filmed for candid camera.
Did I overreact? What would you have done? What will PETA say?
nervously yours,
mc

1 comment:

  1. You know what's worse than people who go out in their PJ's?

    I'll give you three guesses...

    ReplyDelete