Friday, October 8, 2010

biker babe

biker babe


{vintage Schwinn bike- gifted; army shorts -JCrew, via Plato's Closet; black cardigan -Hallelu; Victorian blouse -Marshalls; sunnies & braided black belt -Forever 21; cheetah flats -Old Navy}



one of the few times function trumps fashion -wear a helmet ya'll!!

Yesterday was so nice I took my bike up to the video store to return some DVD's I had checked out -and to pick up a few more. I love taking my bike out and every time I do, I wonder why I don't do it more. It was a birthday gift from the Hubs a few years ago and I absolutely love it. Bikes seem to be the hottest thing going now, even my dad is getting on board, although his version is hardley a Schwinn. Mine is a real live vintage Schwinn -it weighs about a thousand pounds- but I think it's so cute and it looks just like my Momma's old Schwinn. Isn't she just the hottest biker babe? I guess short-shorts are in my D.N.A.I made cornmeal crusted fried flounder last night with corn and mashed sweet potatoes. It turned out really tasty. If you're interested my version of the recipe is below: Step One: Get everything ready.
Ingredient Wise you'll need: 1/2 c. flour, 1/2 c. cornmeal, 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt, about a cup of veg. oil for frying, chopped parsley. If you want to make a tarter sauce you'll also need: 1/3 c. mayo, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 2 chopped mini-pickles with about a tbsp of pickle juice, and 1 tsp chopped capers.
Dish Wise you'll need: a whisk and a bowl for your tarter sauce, a plate with a paper towel for draining fried fish, a shallow dish for your flour/cornmeal mix, your biggest fry pan, your biggest spatula, a fire extinguisher -in case of emergencies.
1. mix your salt and cayenne -sprinkle it onto the fish
2. put your oil in the pan, mix your cornmeal and flour together, mix your tarter sauce
3. turn on your pan -it's really hot, don't burn yourself.
4. press your salty/spicy fish into the flour/cornmeal -both sides
5. put your tarter sauce into the fridge
6. if (and only if) your oil is glimmering put your fish in. If your oil is smoking -turn it down. My crappy election stove top took about a 7.
7. fry both sides until golden/delicious
8. put on plate with paper towel, take your tarter sauce out of the fridge
9. crack a PBR and enjoy.
I hope everyone has a terrific weekend.
much love and cheers,
mc



4 comments:

  1. Nod of approval on the helmet shot. Way to get the message out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a blogging roll right now, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah for realsies...epic post! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete