Wednesday, October 6, 2010

a regal fall

{tweed shorts -old navy; oxford -ralph lauren; v neck sweater & bracelet-jcrew; sunnies & earrings -forever 21; flower broach -vintage; purple tights -marshalls; sparkle flats -nine west}

I'm really excited about rich tones this fall. After a summer filled with LWD's (little white dresses) and pastels, I'm ready for some seriously regal colors. They make me feel like someone fancy. Yesterday was the first day of the season cool enough for tights, although they'd been thrown to the wayside by 2pm, I enjoyed them while they lasted.
Speaking of royalty, let me tell you about my favorite former British colony -that's right Trinidad!
Blogger tells me you've been checking me out (thank you!!)
In honor of my favorite island nation (and in-laws!) I (tried to) make doubles last night. The Hubs said they were pretty darn authentic. I was pretty proud, I even made the bara.

I used a recipe from Trini Gourmet, which sounded pretty authentic. Unfortunately, by the time the food hit the plate we were too hungry for pictures, so below is a photo that was floating around the Internet. I thought about taking a picture of the leftovers in the Tupperware -but that seemed unappetizing. I also made Thomas Keller's pineapple upside-down cake using Trini rum. How about that for representin'?

No comments:

Post a Comment