Monday, October 4, 2010

uber interview


{navy dress, grey stud belt -JCrew; grey mary janes, gold watch -Target; wayfarers -Ray Ban; earrings -gifted}

Like I said before, I've been busy interviewing: banks, restaurants, shops galore. Interviewing for a job, I've decided, is like dating.
Bad dating
I'm sitting in the chair, talking to the people, and I feel myself flirting
-then I catch myself
-then I clam up like an idiot
-then, there's the wait for the call
will he call? omg, should I have gone all the way?
During one interview last week the interviewer asked me, "do you consider yourself weird?"
me: "um, yes probably" You asking me this is insanely wierd...
him: "what's the weirdest thing you've ever done?"
me: "um" This interview sure is up there....
Meanwhile, I'm thinking is this guy kidding me, is this a joke? Am I on candid camera?
me: "what's the weirdest thing you've ever done?" Smart Moll, put the ball back in his court...


Since I'm still clearly unemployed, dinner has been on a budget. Introducing the best tuna-from-a-can preparation possible. Alton Brown's tuna croquettes; serve with lemon wedges, wild rice, lightly dressed arugula, and a handy dandy aioli -and you've got a budget meal that feels fancy.
what more could a girl ask for?
-flirting with disaster,
mc

3 comments:

  1. Love the interview attire and the tuna croquettes look delicious! Good luck with your job search!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what do you mean "gone all the way"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look perfect...that's the only word to describe it. What was the interviewer's response when you asked? ;)

    ReplyDelete