Tuesday, May 4, 2010

(not exactly) a plain white tee

The night before my birthday the Hubs took me out to a new Latin restaurant. Wilmington's restaurant week is going on until the 5th and I highly recommend all you Wilmingtonians get out and get some grub. We went to Mixto and it was very good. They could definitely improve on a few things (the Hubs' pork was overcooked), but all of their sauces were very well developed -which I think is a sign of a very good restaurant.
Although, I must be getting old -I thought the music was way too loud.
Since it was my birthday eve, I wanted to look a little more special -so I busted out my bling. what, what?!
It's fun to take something as ordinary as a white v-neck and pair it with your fanciest fare. The Hubs got me these earrings for Christmas and I absolutely adore them. I feel not only spiffy, but grown up and sophisticated when I wear them. The bracelet was also a Christmas gift, it is more wearable than the earrings, but it can still stand up to their snazziness. (I'm such a wierdo, I winked at the screen while I typed that last sentence)

Earrings & Bracelet -gift (but from JCrew), white tee -target, army green skirt -Forever 21,
nude heels -Banana Republic, nude belt -JCrew, LV clutch -china town

I just noticed I'm wearing matching shoes and belt.
Is that a faux pas these days?
uh-oh

No comments:

Post a Comment