Tuesday, June 29, 2010

faking it with the hubs

We both faked it actually. Specifically, we faked knowing/caring about the fake bride and groom at the fake wedding we attended last night. I'm not actually sure how we got involved, but somehow we spent Monday night eating cake, applauding at people we've never met, and even dancing -but just a little bit of dancing.
The theme was 1950's jazz club. Think, a Mad Men night on the town. I had a blast with the theme -although I was pretty disappointed that I wasn't assigned a hat or gloves at the styling station.
Yeah, there was a styling station with some amazing vintage jewelry, headpieces, and gloves.
hubs didn't tell me my necklace had gone a muck, but he did do a pretty terrific job taking pics. (thanks sweet thang). We had a terrific time. The bride looked beautiful, the food was great (they served a mama dips style squash casserole!), and the folks we sat with were hilarious.
please excuse my very chipped polish -I am in need of a pedi, I know.

dress, earrings, necklace, and clutch -Jcrew, shoes -Target

No comments:

Post a Comment