Monday, September 20, 2010

weekend review: feathered bangs, baking, etc...

{shrimp and grits recipe -cooks illustrated}
{How to Cook Everything -by Mark Bitman: sandwich bread}
{jorts -Rodarthe for Target; tank -Target; aviator earrings -forever 21; bag -Michael Kors; gold rope necklace -vintage}

hey hey,
How was your weekend? Mine was really fun. We hosted a tailgate with some of our new friends then went on to cheer the Classic City Roller girls Saturday night -hence my Farrah Feathered Bangs. It was super fun -if not for the actual derby- the people watching was phenomenal.
Sunday night my sweet Hubs recreated the amazing shrimp and grits we had in Charleston two years -to the day- that he proposed. Awww. I was all sorts of sentimental.
I've also been mastering bread making lately. Last week with the focaccia and this week with some seriously scrumptious sandwich bread. Yeast seems so intimidating, but it's actually really easy... all you need is time, finally the silver lining to my unemployment.
Was your weekend fun and productive?
xo's
mc

2 comments:

  1. can I get that shrimp and grits recipe??

    ps. you look adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your weekend! I can't wait to enjoy one with you soon! I love you butterbean!

    ReplyDelete