Wednesday, January 6, 2010

school girl chic

K Lou and I had a surprise visitor today!
Susan stopped by, supposedly inspired by our first two posts!
(yay! Someone is actually looking!!!)
Of course we asked her to join us...
It's pretty funny how themed we all were today. Very much school girl chic, but obviously not in a skanky way. It's not really possible these days because it is still unbelievably cold!!! We're embracing bundling hard core.

My outfit started with my red penny loafers, which hide in my closest quite a bit because they're so long (as are my feet), but paired with trouser style jeans they worked pretty well.

The scarf is stolen from my husband, he always brags that it is "real Irish wool." Impressive, huh?
Jeans are from Banana Republic, loafers, sweater, and tweed jacket all from JCrew, pearls are stolen from K Lou.
My favorite parts of this outfit are definitely the honor student broach from my great-grandmother -no surprise that I come from a family of geniuses, right?
I also love love love love the red ribbon clips. They're from Forever21 and they were only $1.50. Can't beat that, plus I'm totally having a 500 days of summer moment. -In my opinion.


K Lou brought out her newest Bargain Box purchase, an amazing camel colored coat. I swear it's even prettier in person.
Her dress is from Island Passage, as are her boots.
They're a beautiful reddish-brown and they seriously match everything. I'm not sure how it's possible, but it is..
This navy blue suede belt was also from the Bargain Box!
Vintage shopping is awesome!!
But without a doubt the best part of K Lou's outfit was the amazing cocktail ring. You could really knock someone out with this sucker.
It's from JCrew and is one of the best purchases ever made. Their jewerly is always on point. -In my opinion.



Susan came in and announced "jean jackets are back!"
Thank god!
I love a good jean jacket, in fact I've had my eye on the Rodarte for Target one...
Susan's fits really nicely, which is key, I guarentee the oversized jean jacket won't be back any time soon... or at least I hope.
Love the Leopard detail!!




Her boots were from Francisca's in Mayfaire. Very cute.





Thanks to Susan for stopping by today! We're so excited someone is checking this thing out!

1 comment:

  1. Next post should be "20-Something, Indie Rock-Listening, Culinary Genious, College Professor Chic."

    Make it happen

    ReplyDelete