Monday, July 5, 2010

sunflower fields forever

So, lately I've been hearing a lot of smack talk regarding Sunflowers. I'm just now finding out that some people think they are tacky?! (WHAT?!) I find this genuinely shocking; I really actually love them -they're in the top three favorite flowers of mine. I think Sunflowers are pretty friggin' amazing so you can only imagine my excitement when leaving Athens the hubs and I came across a friggin field of sunflowers!!! I pretty much had a heart attack on the spot. Needless to say -I was elated.
We stopped to frolic in the field, I even convinced the Hubs to do some posing. (I think the long car ride may have contributed to his willingness to strut his stuff). I think he looks like a total babe. {pants -jcrew bowry; straw hat -jcrew, sunnies -from a gift bag from Hallelu}



We spent the day in Athens looking at what felt like a hundred places to live. We were in and out of the car all day and it was a scortcher. I knew the Georgia heat would be raging so I kept it cool with a sweet sundress. Since it was a holiday weekend, I wanted to stay festive so I opted for a patriotic print and floppy sun hat. What could be more American than that?

{dress -forever 21; floppy hat -Helen Kaminski, watch -target, sunnies -wayfarers, }

If the field is a sign of things to come for our new Georgia life, I think we're off to a great start!
Cheers,
mc

No comments:

Post a Comment